John and Dan talk about men who talk about prostates, "gypsy curses", the collected work of a lunatic, the Instagram of Michael Stipe, self mockery, beards, virus immortality, the Great Bear Motel, rooms available by the hour, the day the Internet opened, John's idea for late-stage-decay coffee table book, motels of the west, tackle shops, fishing the high lakes, the Lusty Lady, peep shows, refinishing guns, being born again hard, sitting on the knee of a hobo, mass fashion, Snapchat, and the nature of ego and identity.
Links for this episode:
- John Roderick (@johnroderick) • Instagram photos and videos
- @michaelstipe • Instagram photos and videos
- Gary Ridgway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Filson (company) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Seattle Man Descends From 80-Foot Tree After 24 Hours - The New York Times
Brought to you by:
- Wealthfront (Visit Wealthfront.com/5by5 to get your first $15,000 managed for free).